Thursday, January 28, 2010

Scribbling and Bibbling, Bibbling and Scribbling


(click to enlarge)


So this is my lyric book. I filled four pages of it today with scratchings like this. These are my first attempts at putting words to the song below, but at this point I am not at all sure I am going to use the ones you see. In fact, I probably won't. A good way to avoid lame lyrics is to not go with whatever you come up with first. Which doesn't guarantee good lyrics, but it certainly cain't hurt.

I worked with Dave McKittrick tonight on the song and we made excellent progress. Perhaps by the end of the weekend I'll have a small demo with actual sung lyrics to share.

2 comments:

  1. Hi John, I am delighted to find your blog, and thanks for including me in it. Visitors here are hereby informed that you are a great songwriter singer and acoustic guitarist. You are tall and handsome, resembling the Million Dollar Man, so you should include your photo. You are also an incredible cartoonist and all around nice guy. Yes, we definitely made some musical dreams come true at Tex Mex Grill, and the crowds always looked forward to your walking in the door with your guitar: you have stage presence! I am your #1 fan, and I look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for your blog - it is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, you are as awesome as ever! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete