Friday, September 3, 2010

Song List

These are titles of songs I have yet to write, except the ones I have (denoted by a *).  It's an interesting way to work, and so far it's going pretty good. Working from a title definitely saves time and effort, 'cause otherwise you can spend hours humming and noodling and not really getting anywhere (and believe me, I oughta know). Some of the scratched-out titles might end up getting used after all, and what is there now may end up being trashed. It's an interesting process, this.

I even know how I want some of the songs to sound, even if I haven't yet written a single note. For instance, I hear "Red Rat Snake" as a scorching hot, heavily Fenderized rockabilly-flavored number that sounds like it was recorded in an a gas station in the desert in the middle of the night. Those of you who like that sort of thing will understand what I mean.

"Abandoned and Heartbroke" will be the album's title track, of course. I posted the main part of the music for it a few months back, so if you're inclined you can back-click and scroll down a number of entries and give it a listen. It's gonna be a big, epic studio-based piece, if I do it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment