Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hogie's Heroes: Simon & Garfunkel

While my parents were pretty much the main gatekeepers of music when I was little, we did briefly have a period where several college girls were renting rooms from us. I mainly remember them playing Simon & Garfunkel in their rooms all the time. This was probably more acceptable with my parents than if it had been the Doors or Led Zeppelin. Hard to say how heavy their tastes ran. At the time we had a neighbor who was a cop, and our rebellious coeds alternately told me was "The Fuzz" or "The Pig". This lead to a "Kids Say The Darnedest Things" moment where, while my Mom and I were visiting the aforementioned neighbor, I pointed at him and started yelling "Fuzzy Pig! Fuzzy Pig!"

Anyhoo, I enjoyed the Simon & Garfunkel that filtered out of their rooms. I especially liked this song, mostly on the basis that I thought it was funny that a guy was singing about being a rock. (This is many years before I heard The Mothers of Invention.)

No comments:

Post a Comment