Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Live at JVs


And so I returned this night to JVs in Falls Church (my former home) with the most excellent David McKittrick to perform at Daryl JR Cline's Songwriter Showcase. If I sound a little loud, it's because I couldn't help but notice that a few of the performers who had gone on before me -- and to whom I gave every bit of polite attention -- were hunkered in a booth conversing noisily, so I thought I'd let them know someone besides themselves was onstage. I'm considerate that way, see.

Not a bad set, considering it has been over 9 months since I've performed live, and as usual Dave's lead playing was impeccable. Check out his work on "Into the Night" and you'll see what I mean. Also, for the first time in over 30 years I performed "Hard to Tell" in front of an audience, specially dedicated to Ken Cadmus, to let him know I'm thinking about him. Feel better, brother.

One More Day to Rain






No comments:

Post a Comment