3. Mike Love
4. John Mayer
5. Kid Rock
6. Axl Rose
9. Glenn Frey
EDIT: Li'l Davey McKitrrick of Church Falls, W. Va. writes: "But we need some reasons for each listed weenie! Snark brother--snark away!"
Reasons after the jump.
1. Because he's Scott Stapp.
2. From Wikipedia: "Its name originates from the nickel in change that band member Mike Kroeger gave customers at his job at Starbucks; he would frequently say, "Here's your nickel back."
3. Brian Wilson, after discovering that Love was embarking on a Beach Boys tour without him and Al Jardine: "What's a bummer to Al and me is that we have numerous offers to continue, so why wouldn't we want to? We all poured our hearts and souls into that album and the fans rewarded us by giving us a No. 3 debut on the Billboard charts, and selling out our shows."
4. "My d*ck is sort of like a white supremacist. I’ve got a Benetton heart and a fu*kin’ David Duke c*ck. I'm going to start dating separately from my d*ck." - Playboy interview
5. "I have to say thank you to Kid Rock," Ann Romney told the crowd. "Let me tell you, we are kids of Detroit, Kid Rock and I are, and Mitt is a kid of Detroit, and we love Michigan. We love Kid Rock. We love that he stood up for us and helped us out for all this time."
6. "Rose owns the rights to the Guns N’ Roses name so his withdrawal from the event basically stops all of the other members from being honored. The classic Guns N’ Roses line-up from ‘Appetite For Destruction’ including, Axl Rose and Slash, was expected to attend the event and perform together for the first time since 1993."
7. Because they're Coldplay.
8. Ruined guitar stores forever.
- Dave Marsh, The Heart of Rock 'n' Soul: The 1001 Greatest Singles Ever Made (#830 - "Take It to the Limit")
10. Oh come on. He's Bono.